Re: That Table.

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 14:20:51 EDT

i was a ref. for one of the demos and I found the tasble a bit of a pain but that was because I wasn't familiar with it and I didn't really feel comfortable with it. Having thought about it since I like the idea. What worries me is complicated things that could happen in a group resolution. For example: People running away, three way combat, doing something other than oppose the opponent. Specific examples were when the Earth Priestess wanted to Make Peace (one of her skills) with the peasants from the Trouble People. I wasn't sure how the rules should handle it so simply oppsed her make pece against the peasants attack. This seemed a bit flimsy. Another example would be a Berserker who forgot which side he was on. Ina n Argument, there could be way more than two opinions. Hopefully these things will become clearer.in a full set of rules.

On the plus side, I like the oppsoed resolution so much that I think I'll try it for mass warfare as the rebellious Bull Shah marches north with his armies to subjugate the Moon Shah and his allies in the forthcoming Blood Shah Wars (Carmania, 1261);
"General, what is your status?",
"I've thrown everything forward Your Highness, everything depends on this
opposed resolution."

Keith Nellist - "Orlanth has Air Superiority!"

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #68