You say 'potaytoe' and I say 'pohtahtoe'.

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 1998 23:13:17 GMT

DAVISON NICHLOAS A <N.A.P.Davison_at_greenwich.ac.uk> opined:
> Subject: Things I learnt at Convulsion....
>
> 1. We have been pronouncing Pavis and Issaries incorrectly for the
> last 15 years.
>
> (Greg says Par-vis and Ice-aries)

To which I reply, pah!

Whenever people object to my way of saying Geo's (Gee-Oh's not Joe's) or Eurmal (Aye-ur-mhal not Yur-mal) I simply say that I have a *southern* Sartarite accent.

Actor And Genius
AKA Theophilus Prince Archbishop Of The Far Isles Medieval Society Arms Purpure An Open Book Proper: On the Dexter Page an Alpha Or On the Sinister an Omega Or. Motto Nulla Spes Sit in Resistendo (Resistance is Useless). Ask me about the Far Isles: Better Living through Pan-Medieval Anachronisms.