HW and healing

From: Wesley Quadros <wquadros_at_aimtronics.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 1998 07:55:08 -0700

I have noticed that healing is very difficult in HW. I don't see any of = it happening in the middle of combat. Healing magic, like other magics, = is no longer a spell, it is re-enacting what the god did to perform the = feat. If Chalana Arroy fasted for 2 days and then stood on her head for 5 = hours to re-attach that arm, that is what the priestess is going to have = to do. No more, Heal(6) and the arm is back on and I am swinging again = next round.

Wesley

An easy to describe example is a closely fought combat where no side seems to have the edge. The ability to heal those involved often determines how intensely the players can pursue their foes. Players suddenly realising = they
have to retreat because they can no longer heal themselves is something I would not like to lose from a game system. HW however seems to regard = magic
as something you can keep doing pretty much as long as you wish. Doesn't this mean that if players get themselves into this equal conflict = situation
the fight will now last until boredom sets in. Any one who goes down can = be
pulled out, healed, and thrown back in.

Am I miss-representing HW here?

Ross

Wesley Quadros                               =20
Business Development

Aimtronics - Vancouver
www.aimtronics.com
telephone - 604.940.5774