Re: Meldek; HW

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 1998 10:21:08 -0800

Philip Hibbs averred

> Interesting that the Meldeks are
> disliked and mistrusted, but are still recognised as Godi, and have an
> influential place in the council!

That's an unusual conclusion, given that KoS.245 says that they are a type of "non-Orlanthi holy people." (I admit I didn't find "meldek" in KoS on a quick skim.)

As per Colin's wise counsel, I will refrain from any Hero Wars comments save for a quick reply to George Harris: As I posted some time ago, Hero Wars is a paradigm shift from RuneQuest -- Hero Wars doesn't model processes. Your message describes this fairly well. Given that it's difficult to communicate across a paradigm shift (there's often an "aha!" moment where suddenly you understand all), I think you should try the game before deciding.