Avalon Hill sold to Hasbro

From: AH RuneQ <ahruneq_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue Aug 4 16:32:01 1998

This is a message from the inside at Avalon Hill. It was announced to us this morning that Hasbro has acquired the entirety of The Avalon Hill Game Company.

All current employees of Avalon Hill have been terminated. This includes:

Don Greenwood, Ben Knight, Stuart Tucker, Bill Levay, J.C. Connors, Christopher Lawrence, Rich Kuryk, Mark Glidden, and Steve Holmes.

What does this mean for the future of Avalon Hill? We don't know. All titles and future titles are no the rights of Hasbro, including the upcoming Galaxy: the Arena and RuneQuest: Slayers.

We wish we could tell you more. We don't have any more answers. But we do want to thank the loyal fans that have made Avalon Hill. It was your support that made us the grandfather of boardgaming.

We all hope Hasbro continues this tradition.

If anyone has any questions, you can e-mail me at home. I may not have much more to say, but I'll do my best.

BTW -- Anyone who hasn't picked up copies of Civilization, do it now. They won't be around much longer.

Ummm. Comment is unneccssary but don't let that stop you....

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #73