Hero Wars wars

From: Jane Williams <jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 18:56:07 +0100

HW was one of things I missed at Convulsion due to a shortage of hours per day. But a few comments can be added to the on-going discussion, I think.

> Do you realy think that Xena Warrior Princes would be a better programme if
> every time she got in a fight she got maimed or mutilated and had to be healed ..?
Yes. At least, she should get bruised, cut up, and possibly lose a fight due to limping after a fleeing opponent. I'd be a lot happier if she started using her sword instead of kicking people, and stopped doing irrelevant back-flips in mid-fight, but that's another story.

Back to the point: if a lucky hit from your opponent takes out your sword-arm, you can hold them off, heroically, with a dagger. But only if you know it was your swordarm  that got hit. What I've heard of HW makes it sound as if all you know is how many Points you've got. Boring! So I hope what I've heard is wrong.

OTOH, in a "real" fight you can get an advantage over your opponent by pure intimidation, and I don't mean spells. RQ doesn't allow for that. Does HW?

Jane Williams jane_at_williams.nildram.co.uk http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~janewill/gloranth/