Re: HW niggles

From: Wesley Quadros <wquadros_at_aimtronics.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 1998 10:48:05 -0700

I was not going to get involved in these discussions about HW as most of = the people slamming the game so hard have never seen it or have only seen = cut down con versions, but the harping about plot points is starting to = bug me (I am not singling this gentleman out for slagging but his comments = are the best put together and easiest to respond to).

think up any more fresh ideas for each round. Even in combat this would become a problem if two characters had reserves of hundreds of action points
(which can happen very quickly).
<<<

Harrek the Berserk might have 120 action points. How do you figure that = two character can have hundreds?

where the PC can bet all or nothing bids to kill each NPC without worrying
about loosing. Very quickly one character can defeat an entire regiment...
<<<

Plot points are given at 1 per session and 1 if you roll exactly what you = need to succeed. So, the average PC is going to get 2 per session. These = points are needed to improve your character. I don't know about you or = your PCs but if I have a choice of hack'n'slashing my way through an = entire regiment (with my 2 plot points) or actually thinking my way = through it and using those plot points to improve my storm magic and mass = combat skills I will improve my skills. Yes I am going to keep a few = points as back-up so that I can save my bacon if I'm deep on a HQ and = really can't afford to lose that die roll but using it for something like = fighting a regiment single handedly is silly.

Wesley Quadros                               =20
Business Development

Aimtronics - Vancouver
www.aimtronics.com
telephone - 604.940.5774