Position of RQ and Glorantha

From: Ashley Munday <Ashley.Munday_at_liffe.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 17:07:09 +0100

Phil Hibbs says answering Sergio:

                RQ was not designed for Glorantha, but Greg Stafford and Steve Perrin (the inventor of the system) used it for it. And Avalon Hill abstracted it [RQ] away from Glorantha

Au contraire: According to an interview in White Dwarf #17 (back in the days when it was a games magazine not a comic) with Greg Stafford he states that RQ was designed for Glorantha. Secondly, he also says he specified some things that the new system should have, such as "...a power point magic system..."

It's also debatable whether AH abstracted anything away from anything else, apart from cash from my wallet in large chunks it could ill afford. I also have the feeling that the RQIII rules credit the design to Chaosium, so it seems like they were doing the generalisation.

Cheery by,

Ash