re: game systems

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 1998 14:46:57 -0800

Philip Hibbs

> RQ was not designed for Glorantha, but Greg Stafford and Steve Perrin (the
> inventor of the system) used it for it.

Actually, Greg commissioned RuneQuest to roleplay in Glorantha, presumably because D&D was so inadequate for it.

> Look at the stats for the Gloranthan heroes in Wyrm's Footprints, they are
> all DnD stats.

Actually, they're Arduin Grimoire stats (and I'm not going to get into the "but AG is D&D" argument). And are from WF2, if I recall correctly, and thus from before RuneQuest.

I've been enjoying the Nysalor riddles. I've been skimming over the discussion of an out-of-date Hero Wars draft.