RE: The Glorantha Digest V6 #84

From: alwallac <alwallac_at_linknet.kitsap.lib.wa.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 98 16:45:13 -0700

Before I comment on the following, I want to say that I do feel that the Malkioni are materialists in their setting. On Earth they'd be just another bunch of flakes. As this is a subjective opinion, I'm not going to even try to defend it.

>So, to summaries, what people believe has nothing to do with how we
>categorise their beliefs. In fact their actual beliefs shoudl be
>irrelevent to our categorisation of them. Is that right?
>

>Simon Hibbs

Evocative argument, but a total waste.
Would you catagorize Scientologists or Christian Scientists in the same catagories as they would catagorize themselves? I doubt it. Would you catagorize child molesters as another perfectly legitimate form of sexual expression as many of them do? I certainly hope not.

Allen

If you manage to survive all the incredibly stupid feats of youth... - -..you become a wise elder or a crazy old fart... - -....depending of course on the gullibility of the audience...