Re: Nandan the Birthing Troll; non-Hero Wars; Ralios

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 00:06:18 -0800

Julian Lord wondered

> In your considered opinion, do you believe that the paths of Nandan the
> Birthing Man might be useful for the lifting of the Trollkin Curse?

I'd guess not, since Nandan created his path during the Great Darkness, when things were so bad that children weren't being born by the normal route.

But... that was still during the God Time, so it was a lot easier to create new paths.

Jane Williams worries

> the high level assumed by HW is going to cause me a problem.

I can't resist. In the Hero Wars game I just ran, the characters traded their reward (3 pigs) for a bunch of chickens and a sheep. I don't believe the system prevents you from running onion eaters if you want to. On the other hand, it'd be silly to have a game called Hero Wars that doesn't make it easy to be a hero.

Paul McDonald asked

> I am planning to have my Talastari player characters follow the Lunar
> Caravan into Ralios in (or shortly after) 1625. I am in the process
> of tracking down fanzines that have info on Ralios

Start with my web site, which has lots of info on East Ralios inspired by Jonas Schiott and his friends. Both of us have articles on East Ralios in Tradetalk 3. The campaign writeups on my site even have a meeting with a caravan coming through (I believe it's the second or third one -- it's a bit earlier than 1625).

First Age Ralios is covered in the Broken Council Guidebook, but I received permission to extract this for my web site.

You'll get some info on the Malkioni in the Sog City guide.