The Horned Man

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 20:04:28 +1200 (NZST)

Bruce Hollebone:

>On a related note, does the Horned Man have any elemental ties? It
>would seem not.

No he does not.

>Is he strictly Praxian? I am inclined to believe so. In Sartar, it would
>seem far more apropriate that what the Earth Witch is to spirit women
>(witches, wise women), Kolat is for shamen.

The Horned Man is known of in Hsunchen Traditions (where he appears as a Hsunchen Totem with Horns) and in Pamaltela. Some cultures do replace the Horned Man with some other diety (the Uz use Dehore, the Orlanthi use Kolat) but most cultures believe their shamanic initiator has horns hence his ubiquity.