The future of Ralios

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 20:45:53 +1200 (NZST)

K. Paul McDonald:

>I am planning to have my Talastari player characters follow the Lunar
>Caravan into Ralios in (or shortly after) 1625. I am in the process
>of tracking down fanzines that have info on Ralios, and I would be
>grateful for any suggestions.

The best publication is the Rise of Ralios aka the World's Greatest Tournament. You can also gawk at Tradetalks #2 and #3 for heaps of information about some parts of Ralios and some fruity cults.

>The Genertela book suggests that Arkat
>will be reborn five times and that the paths to heroquesting would be
>reopened, but not as everyone expected (or something like that - I am
>far from my library at the moment). A am wondering if anyone has
>clues as to what this means, and some hints as to what the big events
>will be in Ralios in the mid 1620s. A big request, I know...

Arkat is said to return five times and not to be reborn. What this means is that you would have people who claim to be Arkat returned with correspondingly impressive powers to boot.

Ralios being what it is, the five Arkats all seek to destroy one another and reign supreme. Given that the Uz, the Orlanthi and the Seshnegi all seek to grab bits of Ralios for themselves, Ralios is going to turn into a bloodbath in the near future.

The Rise of Ralios has a timeline up to 1627 ST. However much of that is based on what happened at a version of the Seventh Ecclesiastical Conference in 1625 ST and so I wouldn't feel honour bound to accept it as gospel if you can think of a more niftier idea. But it is useful as a general guide as to how the Hero Wars will progress in Ralios (ie increasing tensions etc).