Plop points, Nysalor and stuff.

From: Jon S Green <jonsg_at_harlequin.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 15:52:38 GMT

In 6.85, on Fri, 7 Aug 1998 01:10:49 GMT, Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie> wrote:

> Aside: if one spends a PP to improve a Failure to a Success, how is it
> determined whether you've won or lost the round? Bring back partial
> successes, I'm beginning to think... (See also my comment about being
> able to go from "Success (Loser)" to "Big Success" with one PP.)

IIRC, it still won't help you, if the opponent had a natural (i.e. not PPed) success. The better you are, the more likely you'll have the lower die roll, so it'd still go against you on success vs. success, albeit maybe not quite as badly. Waste of a PP, if you ask me.

Many plaudits to Ashley for the Vivamort and (especially) Nysalor contributions, BTW. The Riddles are soooo much better than the usual run-of-the-mill Zen-like things usually seen.

Jon
- --
Work: jonsg_at_harlequin.co.uk | ICQ: 4500882 | http://www.harlequin.co.uk/ Private: jonsg_at_pobox.com | PGP key avail. | http://www.pobox.com/~jonsg/ Opinions expressed may not be Harlequin's! <*> Junk email utterly reviled