Re: HW Plots

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 17:49:47 +0100

Pete Nash asks:

> Do NPC's have plot points too?

Presumably those important to the plot do... (Or else this mechanic, visible to players, explains the invisible hand of the GM, arranging outcomes for his own devious purposes...)

> It would be nice to make some big enemies resistant to the spending
> of plot points.

Where this helps the plot along, I concur.

> And in fact make weaker NPC's able to harm the players...

Likewise.

Though (unless our games greatly differ) I'm sure you would hesitate to go the "RoleMaster" route, and allow an umpteen-zillionth percent chance of *any* activity resulting in horrendous death and mutilation to Our Heroic Players.

("Argrath just choked to death on his soup. It may not be heroic, but that's *MY* kinda Glorantha!")

Nick
:::: web: <http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Nick_Brooke>