re rituals & HW questions

From: danny bourne <d.bourne_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 18:49:20 +0100

Jane Williams wants to know what the more important 52% are doing during the Orlanthi initiation ritual; I'd suggest they're out shopping (or at the hairdressers) ;)

>> (Or would you prefer Macduff to send his flunkies in to soften up Macbeth
>>before
>> he closes in for the kill?)
>Unless he's a complete idiot, yes, I would.

Personally I'd prefer MacDuff to wade in with a winner takes all attitude - far more heroic. "Ha haa, Macbeth, cower all you will in your tower, come and face me like a man or else I shall burn your tower and all within it" sort of attitude.

I've been skimming over the
>discussion of an out-of-date Hero Wars draft.

Here's something that's struck me. DD says the Convulsion draft is out of date and I know there's another, fuller set floating around because of all these non-discolsure signings going on. So this seems to beg the question why have people been asked to give feedback in the first place? Having people pooh pooh the convulsion cut n paste (or whatever) copy seems to make the 'go and show this to people and see what they think with a feedback form' demonstrations a waste of time - especially because Robin, quite rightly so, isn't going to be swayed by digest opinion.

Anyway. One thing I'd like to know is how do you portray events such as falling down a well/off a cliff etc? Does the fall have an action point that you roll against or does the GM randomly assign an ouch level? Also what about luck. Say two compulsive gamblers get into a bet over two flies crawling up a wall (or any better example where their expertise in gambling will not affect the outcome), is there a mechanism for resolving that sort of thing? Or does the GM just flip a coin?