Ralios and the Arkats

From: K. Paul McDonald <kpaul_at_unity.ncsu.edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 1998 16:16:17 -0500

This is just a note to say "thanks" to David and Peter for the pointers on Ralios info. I had not considered the difference between "returned" and "reborn", but it makes perfect sense. From this I can assume that these "Arkats" could run the spectrum from outright fraud, through "inheritor of the spiritual raiment of...", to a version of the man himself being brought from the Hero Plane ala Harmast. Or anything in between. Thought of in this way it is both amazing that there are *only* five Arkats, and that Ralios will soon be a serious bloodbath.

Sounds like the perfect place for me to send my PCs! "Gee, am I glad to get away from that dangerous Dorastor place! No Lunars? No broo heros? Sounds great!" <evil grin> It also sounds like a great way to hammer home the "there's no place safe from the Hero Wars" message. Not that the characters know anything about the coming troubles, but the players do...

K.Paul McDonald