Hedkoranth not Orlanth

From: MLaurie_at_compuserve.com
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 1998 17:54:30 -0400

>Martin "linebreaks" Laurie notes that:
> Hedkoranth is a completely seperate deity.

>Any clues as what exactly he's the deity _of_? Robin Laws mentioned
>the case of a Malkioni sorceror trying to "rationilise" him as the
>principle of <something> Thunder, but I forget exactly what. (D'oh.)
>Is he simply Thunder, generically, or something more specific?

No, he wields the Great Weighty. Check page 49 of Enclosure 2 for the reference =

its all based on in Gregs "Orlanths Ring" myth. =

"Hedkoranth the Adventurer, leader of the Thunder Brothers, recieved =

Great Weighty. This stone rumbled whenever enemies approached and =

it would leap to its owners hand for combat."

He is Thunder and he is Thunder Stones. He is also a fairly rare deity, recognised but worshipped by dedicated clans who claim ancestory from him.

As I said, a fuller write-up will be appearing in Tales shortly.

Martin Laurie