HW Weakly?

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 00:50:35 +0100 (BST)

Ross Inglis wants to know if HW can model characters being in a "weakened" state.

I can't give a thorough answer to this, having only seen the demo game, but I know for certain that you can at least do the following:

        o Wounds (see previous message)

        o Running out of Plot Points

	o  Getting negative modifiers to abilities for extended periods
	   of time, if you louse up using them.

It would seem quite straightforward to apply the third option in a pretty wide variety of situations, if you consider it appropriate. The other option that springs to mind is to apply a longer-term loss of SPs to a particular ability, if you feel that something has occurred which ought to impede their use. ("Forgive me, Orlanth, it has been six weeks since I last prayed for Bless Thunderstone...")

Slainte,
Alex.