Re: Jonating Sect

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 07:57:38 +0100

Mike Cule writes:

> The Genertela book seems to imply that there is a seperate Jonating
> sect. Was there a conscious decision for HtWWO to change this?

Two parts to this.

First up, there's almost certainly "seperate sects" from every church that was sundered by the Syndics Ban. I don't see it as particularly likely that doctrine and ritual would remain wholly unchanged for the duration of that catastrophe. So that if you wanted the Jonating Sect to have a different "look and feel" to other Syanoran Malkioni, it's easily done.

Second up, we thought it was more fun to have the remnants of a pan-Syanoran church trying to reunite against a background of expansionist warfare in the region. Take a look at Zalpthir and you'll see what I mean. Now, you *could* do this with a bout of pan-Malkioni ecumenism, but as the whole of our game was about that we opted for something more straightforward. (Besides, I liked having Eastpoint, Riverjoin and Southbank as "lost bishoprics", greatly mourned since falling to the "pagans").

Nick
:::: web: <http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Nick_Brooke>

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #95