Who'll Buy What

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_hol.fr>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 11:20:58 +0200

> Let me ask you a question...if you had $30 to your name (until next payday)
> and walked into a store and saw the following 2 products on sale, which would
> you buy first?
>
> 1. Hero Wars box set with rules and entry-level basic scenario
> 2. Reprint of RQ2 Pavis box set bundled with a new RQ scenario book for Pavis
>
> Let's assume here that you haven't photocopied the Pavis boxed set. Ok,
> maybe you'll choose #1. More people will choose #2, IMO.

Well, if I had a choice between a Hero wars box set and RoC (you appear to be describing this (excellent) product?), I'd buy HW.Besides, more people will buy the new product rather than an outdated supplement for an unsupported (unless you're already one of us) RPG, don't you think? Most people are not RQ fanatics, after all - -..

BTW, didn't someone (Robin? Greg?) mention at some point that there'd be 3 scenarios? One for beginners, one for "average" (ie high) level play, and one for high (ie heroic) level HW?