St. Rokar's blessing and other things

From: Jose Ramos <jose_at_kobo.es>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 14:18:33 +0200

[I have been without access a week, so excuse the old subjects]

        The officious official blessing is a feeling of contentment with your own place in society. I have it divided in four different ones (according to caste) and the one that only costs MP is only for farmers, 1 POW is for Knights (working also as a Morale boost), 2 POW for Wizards, increasing also their willpower, and 4 POW for Lords, avoiding remorse for any actions taken that day. This blessing is IMO the reason there are many rokari peasants in Safelster with overlords worshipping other sects. St. Rokar himself said that Solace was easier for farmers.

        Of course blessings in my game are a bit more variable in duration and effect.

K.P. McDonald wonders about Ralios in the twenties, and the reapparition of the five Arkats. I have thought about that, as my new adventure will take place at that time in Safelster (although all my players read this so I cannot write much). Unless Chaosium changes the limited info available, Seshnela will be initially succesful in conquering small chunks of Safelster, until the depredations of the Tanisorians and the appearance of the Five Arkats unify all the Felster nations, and with Arolanit, Nolos and Pasos as allies, they annihilate the kingdom of Seshnela. Then the Waertagi, the brithini and perhaps the Ralians turn on Pasos and Nolos and destroy them too. Then I suspect Civil War among the Arkats and conflict with the orlanthi keeps Ralios busy most of the Hero Wars.

BTW, there are more than five Arkat wannabes, but only five will pass all the tests, survive the assassins, and are powerful enough to be recognized as such. What the five will be is unknown (except for the Chaos Monster). What about Knight, Sword, Troll, Chaos Monster and Emperor? Or Atheist, Monotheist, Politheist, Pantheist and Mystic (pick your choice as chaotic)? Or as Xavier Spinat wrote recently in our game:

"Let me tell you which roles I think we play: You're Arkat the Bound Emperor, your question is Life/Death Siglolf is Arkat the Eternal Traitor, his choice is Stasis/Change She is Arkat the Charming Monster, her problem is Truth/Illusion He's Arkat the Wrathful Crusader, his conflict is Harmony/Disorder And me? I'm Arkat the Witty Heroquester, my mastery is Luck/Fate."

Hope that helps.

Jose