Various short replies

From: Erik Sieurin <BV9521_at_bhs.utb.hb.se>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 18:53:21 +0100

To Jane Williams, regarding the Goddesses and the seasons: If you count Sacred Season, you get six seasons, one for each part/mask/whatever of the Goddess. Don't know how to match them, though.

To Julian Lords:
In some earlier message, I mistakenly attributed a statement by you to Alex; that shows I should never burn my lists before I write the answers. Grmf.

To Oliver Berneutz, regarding dwarves and Bowling: A more serious (???) description of dwarven Bowling will appear any day now; it incidentally is a critical part of my essay-in-progress on Dwarven Individualism and its origin in the mystery cults of Bowling and Dunnikindiving, and the experiences of the Great Liberator. The working title is 'Individualism and the Art of Bowling', but I might come up with a more awful pun. Jolly good shot, anyway, especially the part about the Diamond League.

To the partakers of the Great Materialism Debate: I have some suggestions for a system of Dwarven Magic, which is profoundly materialist, which I aim to send to the list any day now. Be warned that it will be written with BRP/RQ-rules in mind, though I'm pretty sure it could be used for HW. Stay tuned. And yes, Sergio, it is based on the World Machine world view. But don't despair. You might rip off something useful off it.

To the List In General, regarding Convulsion: I _think_ no one has mentioned the very entertaining seminar held on the Sky by Greg and Alex, of which I understood the most important part only afterwards in the pub, when Joerg Baumgartner (I think it was) turned a beer glass upside down and dribbled beer on the carpet (it was to be the Sky Dome, you see). Yes, unlike many others I was almost sober all the con.

Anyway, for me the most important relevation there was that the Dwarves have a sort of reconnaisance satellite cum death star up in the sky in the form of a balloon with various scopes and instruments and stuff. It is appearently the star/planet/whatever known as Zenith.

All this might very well be in Elder Secrets or somesuch and I just happened to miss it, but what certainly wasn't there was Alex' absolutely brilliant suggestion, which I hereby forward to the digest to (hopefully) be declared official Truth: It is of course made of Darkmetal, making it a Lead Zeppelin.

"The Owl and the Pussycat went to sea, in a beautiful pea-green boat..."
>From "The Owl and the Pussycat" by Edward Lear

Erik Sieurin
bv9521_at_bhs.utb.hb.se
Bodagatan 39, 2 tr