Re: 2000 SP

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 18:43:22 +0100 (BST)

Phil Hibbs replying to me:
> >It seems to me that if you're going to be dead at -50SP, you won't
> >be much deader at -2000SP, so if you're inclined to make a stake
> >that would result in either, the second is a bit of a free lunch.

> That's the same mistake Arkat made when he marched on Dorastor. Much worse
> than dying.

That gets into rather different areas, I think. Not so much staking what you don't have, as staking other people's stuff, that they've recklessly entrusted to you. In other words, the whole "community support" shebang. Under those circumstances, yes, you have access to other "SPs" that you can stake, but that isn't an option available to Joe Bloggs, freelance adventurer (to any great extent, and to an extent I'm sure HW will help quantify).

In other words, if you want to bet 2000 SPs, representing your clans future for the next couple of generations, then that's a valid stake. But you have to have the support (or at least, power of attorney ;-) ?) to do it...

Slainte,
Alex.