Arkati in Ralios!

From: Nikk Effingham <nikk_at_MailAndNews.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 19:36:28 +0100

>I am planning to have my Talastari player characters follow the Lunar
>Caravan into Ralios in (or shortly after) 1625. I am in the process
>of tracking down fanzines that have info on Ralios, and I would be
>grateful for any suggestions.

the "Rise of Ralios" is the best starting point, plus Tradetalk and TOTRM#13 is pretty useful for it's information on the West.

> The Genertela book suggests that Arkat
>will be reborn five times and that the paths to heroquesting would be
>reopened, but not as everyone expected (or something like that - I am
>far from my library at the moment). A am wondering if anyone has
>clues as to what this means, and some hints as to what the big events
>will be in Ralios in the mid 1620s. A big request, I know...

Alas, this was the question I asked in the Lore Auction and was refused (ai! refused! :) and answer to.

Personally I think some of these people are actual proper incarnations of Arkati and some are just frauds. I think the trolls will probably be responsible for the reopening of the paths to Statham Well, which is where Arkat Kingtroll is said to exist and reside. This gives you adventure ideas for trolls to suceed in doing and other races to try and prevent them from suceeding in. The information on the reopening of the HQ paths may be related to the reopening of Statham Well, and the other paths to where Arkat resides (the star in the sky, in Hell with Humakt, in Solace as a Saint, in Hell according to the Lunars). Personally I believe that when the trolls bring back their version of Arkat they discover it ISN'T Arkat Kingtroll. Sure, it's Arkat, just the wrong one.......

>Also, did I hear that Chaosium is planing on publishing some kind of
>"Future History" timeline for the Hero Wars with the new game?

Yes. Not only will there be a ten year timeline to 1631 in the books, but there will be a set of campaign packs for Ralios entitled "Ralios: The Incarnations of Arkat" or something like that - so you get an entire campaign dedicated to Arkat and his alledged return.

>Thanks for any suggestions...

I'd be more than willing to continue this discussion on the Digest or in private as I already run a game in Ralios.

And on that note, why didn't anyone ever tell me my own introduction to Otkorion was so BADLY edited? *shivers*

Nikk E.

Nikk Effingham
E-mail: nikk_at_MailAndNews.com
WWW: http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Lair/7556/