Crying Wolfe?

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 22:48:16 +0100 (BST)

R. H. Wolfe has a lengthy and exacting list of demands for the upcoming HW line, no actual suggestions as to how to achieve this, and the following cheerful expression of support.

> I'll believe it when I see it. Issaries can _intend_ to conquer the
> world, but I wouldn't stake _my_ money on it.

Then I imagine you won't be, then. But if you don't want to support their efforts in a material fashion, then kindly quit whining, if-only-ing, and second guessing. If you understand the realities of the situation as regards RQ/HW/Glorantha economics, then I fail to see how you can be so critical of the plans tailored to exist within those realities. Nor do you even bother to suggest an actual alternative course of action. I find these comparisons with D&D spurious, and bordering on the offensive. Yup, HW is not going to have a production schedule to match that of the industry leader (if company bankrupting) lowest common denominator, schlock-generic-fantasy RPQ, multimedia extravaganza that it is. Your point?

I think no reasonable person would disagree that the Official Glorantha base is currently lamentable, will surely get better over the next year or so, but will likely never get to be the stuff of wet dreams. We can all either do our best to make the "getting better" as good as it can reasonably get, or we can sit around on our duffs, bitching about how _other_ people have dropped the ball on this, and oh-how-much-better it all should have been. Our choice.

Slan libh, genuine lovers of Glorantha,
Alex.

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #99