Arkat Impersonators

From: Bruce Mason <MasonB_at_cardiff.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 10:07:48 GMT0BST

Well I'm still ploughing through the last two years of Digests so I have no idea how old hat this is but I've become increasingly interested and amused by the concept of Arkat Impersonators. I can't stop seeing in my mind the parallel between Elvis and Arkat. Aside from making me chuckle I can't help thinking that Glorantha needs Elvis impersonators. Keep seeing a Humakti with silver flares and huge sideburns, wielding a big sword and singing "Viva Los Ralios." But I digress.

On a more serious note the profileration of Elvis identities (Rebel Elvis, GI Elvis, Vegas Elvis and so on) mixed with the folklore around him and his actions and the desire of (some) people to emulate him makes a perfect analogue to what might me be happening with Arkat and, presumably will come to occur with Agrath. Hmmn. Guess I've got a new NPC for my Jonatelan campaign.

Thank you and good night!