Syndic's Ban

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 23:55:33 +1200 (NZST)

Philp Hibbs:

>What is a Syndic? The only definition I can find is "a municipal
>magistrate". What is it in a Gloranthan context? Who were these
>Syndics?

As mentioned by somebody else, this refers to Snodal's conspiracy to assasinate the God of Silver Feet. The 'Syndics' probably comes in because the conspiracy was 'a coterie of sorcerers and priests'. Given that their leader Snodal was King of Loskalm, the possibility arises that other members may have been important bigwigs of certain cities of Fronela, hence the nane 'Syndics'.