Re: The Glorantha Digest V6 #102

From: danny bourne <d.bourne_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 19:27:01 +0100

>Because RQ:S is obviously such a bunch of arse, and HW isn't?

You never know, RQ:S may be a good system [unless of course you've signed a non disclosure form & now better ;)]

>To judge Hero Wars solely on the basis of an early draft

Well from what other people have been saying the draft that was at Convulsion isn't an eary draft is everything's pretty much ready to go to the printers. I'm sure Robin's not going to go for wholesale changes this late in the day. Also, as Alex F pointed out, what's the point getting people to demo said draft & send in feedback forms if that draft bears no similarity to the current form? I know I'm not going to want to sit at Gen Con UK showing people the syste & then find out it's substantially different to what's actually going to be released.

FWIW I think Rob was a bit harsh/ascerbic in his comments but hey, that's still one sexy goatee, broo boy ;)

As for the AH/RQ story I'm sure there's hidden agendas somewhere along the line. Someone ages ago said that AH never received any manuscripts, and yet Pamaltela was cut from the Genertela box and could have been released separately, but never was. You hear lots of different rumours about the birth & death of RQ3, it'd be nice to hear a categorical statement.

As for HW my personal feeling is that a
(fair/significant/substantial/not-unimportant) percentage of people who buy the HW system & books will buy them solely as background material and continue to use the system that they're currently using. As the UK unis are still on holiday I can't say yet what people new to the Glorantha will do, but it'll be interesting to find out (I'll be able to say more after Gen Con UK).