The Lokarnos Conspiracy...

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 02:33:51 +0100 (BST)

Colin Phillips' ears perked up:
> However I was fortunate to
> hear Greg comment about the EWF being a Kraleorian plan to bring about
> the destruction of the God learners. I was also amazed that no one
> seemed to pick up on this and turn this into a question and answer
> session. Does anybody have any further information about this?

This was in the coda to "Greg reads"? There was a fair bit of discussion of this, IIRC -- you should have chipped in if you thought it was being scooted over too much.

> Are there any written sources that refer to this. Anybody got any info?

Frankly, I doubt anyone has much, as it seems to be something that has "slipped out" in his musings about the Sky. What I "know" of it I threw in at the Con, which together with what Greg said amounts to:

The planet Lokarnos had a period of 10 days at the Dawn, and was then the marker of the Dara Happan week. (Yup, a ten day week. Just think what Ted Heath would say...) This is why they think of it as the Timekeeper, even now to some extent.

However, at the Sunstop, its period started to lengthen. Makes a sort of sense, if Lokarnos is in Synch with Time, and Nysbaji is fucking around with the Compromise, right?

This keeps on happening, until the night of the destruction of the EWF. At that point, the period stops increasing, and is at that point fixed at its present rate. But the planet itself suddenly _jumps_ right across the sky, to the position it would have been in if its period had never changed.

What does that all have to do with the original question? Not entirely clear, but I note/gather that:

        o Both Lokarnos events are attributed to the Kralorelans.

        o The two span the lifetimes of both the GLers and the EWF.

        o The EWF and the God Learners were undoubtably enemies.

	o  It was Draconic powers that liberated K. from the FDR.
	  (And the FDR who "liberated" them from the MSE, by going native?)

One obvious objection is that the Sunstop was a long, long time before anyone needed saving from anyone else. Another remarkable instance of Kralori forward planning? (!?) So take this with a pinch of something.

> Or is everybody too obsessed with bashing chaosium or chatting about
> hero wars?

Yeah, that too. ;-)

Slainte,
Alex.