Re: HW Mastery

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 07:41:24 +0100

Alex asks:

> When you say starting characters don't have a level of mastery, do you
> mean "except for the idiotic 'free' level of mastery they get by virtue
> of being PCs (sic), of course, which goes without saying", or do you
> mean "No, they don't, none at all, none whatsoever"?

The former. It goes without saying.

No starting character will have a level of mastery relative to interesting GM characters or other PCs. I am unaware of whether any of the pregen characters in the playtest game still did so at Convulsion. At Germany, it was clear that these characters were way more advanced than a standard beginning character would be.

Of course, anyone who dislikes "the idiotic 'free' level of mastery" can simply crank their game down one level. Is there a problem with this?

Nick
:::: web: <http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Nick_Brooke>

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #107