Re: Hero Wars Wars

From: Simon Hibbs <simonh_at_msi-uk.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 11:46:24 +0100

rhwolfe :

>All I'm doing is looking around at a couple dozen other game systems
>and companies and seeing how much product they've produced over >the
past decade or so and compared that to the paltry amount of product
>for RQ/Glorantha.

RQ was not owned by Chaosium, it was owned by AH. I can understand criticisms that Chaosium should not have sold RQ to AH, but that's ancient history and there's nothing they could do to correct that once it had happened.

>I see other companies getting stuff out there, but not Chaosium. Now,
>I'm not a businessman, so I don't know how FASA or Warhammer or
>TSR/WOC or Steve Jackson or even Hero Games manage it. I'm sure >it's
hard. But they do it and historically Chaosium and AH didn't.

I presume that Call of Cthulhu being one of the most successful, well supported roleplaying games in the industry since it's first publication owes nothing whatsoever to Chaosium.

Regarding your 5 point plan, I beileve the plans for HW address most of these points very well and at least adresses all of them. Character conversion is not difficult, given the radicaly different nature of the systems. The culture books will contain scenarios and campaign arcs. The books are readable and easy to pick up. You only need 2 books to be able to run a game.

Simon Hibbs