EWF and mass combat

From: Colin Phillips <cphill12_at_ford.com>
Date: 12 Aug 1998 08:57:08 -0400

TO: glorantha_at_chaosium.com

A very big thank you for the EWF info. peter's I just about followed but Alex's unfortunately could have been written in moonman as its just way above my head. But thank you anyway. When I have digested these I may even have questions! (Could this be the digest getting back to the usual esoteric stuff)

As for the present level of hero wars, a few comments, god this is boring but I understand its your god given write to send this mail in ;) and the guy who had the great idea of breaking out of a lunar fort. How can you do this is the HW rules state each additional npc against the character adds a cumulative -2 to your die roll. ie 10 people against you by the time you are up against No. 10 your at minus 20. I am sure the lunars could spare 11 men to finish off the player. However its sounded like such fun I would have liked to have been playing in the game instead of being as boring as the rest and discussion the minutae of HW. ;)

Oh yea one other reason I didn't stay around for the discussion at Convulsion, I was too busy making sure the book burning didn't get of control. (Don't ve ha ve laws against this now!!!)

All the best

Colin

Regards,
Colin Phillips