Re: The Glorantha Digest V6 #105

From: Bruce Hollebone <hollebon_at_cyberus.ca>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 11:35:58 -0400

On 11 Aug 98, at 22:11, you wrote:
> The Glorantha Digest Tuesday, August 11 1998 Volume 06 : Number 105

(...)
> Presumably Babs is in the sacred Time because she didn't appear until the
> Darkness, and her birth is part of the Sacred Time rituals in any case? Any one
> know when the right season for making beer is? She ought to have a ceremony
> then, really.

You make beer after the harvest, lagering ("laying about") over the winter. So Dark/Storm. Lagers takes about six weeks to make, short beers (ales) rather less, say four weeks.

In my opinion:

Sea: Voria---planting
Fire: Ernalda---crops mature
Earth: Asrelia---harvest. In my opinion, Asrelia is the goddess of the silo/grainbin. Dark: Ty Kora Tek---a peaceful time of year (unless you live near uz), cold and lifeless. Storm: Maran Gor---violence necessary for new life Sacred Time: Babeester Gor

This has a nice cyclical aspect to it I like: The year is "oldest" during Earth and Dark season and renews during ST and spring.

Kind Regards,
Bruce hollebon (at) cyberus.ca