Saving Glorantha -- for RuneQuest?

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 18:07:42 +0100 (BST)

Brian Tickler:
> Yes, yes, you all think I'm crazy, but you see I actually believe that
> the quality of RQ as rules set had very little to do with its demise.

They have very little to do with their prospects for revival, either. Sadly.

> I'd say it's the fan's who are purchasing shares that are shouldering the
> lion's share of the risk here.

Financially the fan base collectively will be risking more than Chaosium itself is, one presumes. On the other hand, compare the "opportunity cost" to Greg Stafford in terms of the expenditure of effort on all this stuff, as compared to the fan-in-the-street sticking $100 in an envelope.

> HW would serve just fine as a RQ supplement (Chaosium has been
> not-so-subtly positioning it that way for the current fan base anyway).

You may be inredulous and/or besides yourself to hear me say it (or see my type it, anyway), but I think C. has crazy, crazy notion that most existing Gloranfans will play HW, as a game. And I have this crazy notion that they may be right. (Not All, of course, and not even Orlanthi All.)

Slainte,
Alex.