Malkioni Vows

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 11:23:23 +1200 (NZST)

Joerg:

>With the recent information about the nature of mysticism, I have come
>to ask myself whether Sandy's vows (abstain from <activity> to gain
>magical oomph) isn't the mystic's way rather than the materialist's.
>I.e. practice in the Lunar Empire?

A similar arguement may be made for Orlanthi Geases and so I believe it is important to keep sight of what ends the restrictions are used for. IMO the Malkioni do not adopt the vows to refrain from the world as the mystics do, they do it to clear the mind and soul of some of the corrupting influences of this gross world of matter. By accessing the Higher levels of existance more readily, their sorcery is correspondingly more potent.

>(Peter, when was the conquest of Dark Esrolia?)

846 ST. No hard data on when it ended.