Re: The Glorantha Digest V6 #110

From: Eric Hansen <ehansen_at_adan.kingston.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 22:03:28 -0400

 Pete Nash asks about:

> > the rule that allows a defender to reduce the SP bid of its attacker in exchange for
> > a die roll penalty.
>
> What is this rule? I don't think I saw it in the demo rules.

The rules allow you to reduce SP bids made by your opponents for a penalty on your die roll. This can save your bacon from being seriously fried, even though it probably won't stop you from losing a conflict. It represents extraordinary defensive efforts on your part, trying to avoid dying more than truly fighting to hurt your assailant.

> I thought that once you were down to zero SPs or lower you were no longer able to continue?

This is correct.

> If an NPC is also allowed to fight/continue from negatives does this
> superceed the rule that they can only bid the SPs they still have?

An NPC can't fight with 0 or fewer SPs

> One final question. If a player goes down to -30 and is dying, then
> gambles and luckily wins a couple of rounds and builds his SPs back up
> to positive and continues to route the enemy off the field.

A character at -30 is out, and can't fight.

Eric