Spawing Humakts

From: James Frusetta <gerakkag_at_wam.umd.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 21:39:50 -0400 (EDT)

Simon Hibbs wrote:
>>BTW, species continuity is unaffected by anything dealing with rune
>>levels, since they represent such a small fraction of the population.

>I still don't like it. I know Glorantha doesn't necesserily have
>evolution per se, but what this means is that successful males will have
>a lower chance of reproduction than unsuccessful ones. If your religion
>demands the sacrifice of your fertility, what's wrong with castration?

What age would someone become a Sword of Humakt (or similar Death cult), on average? If mid-twenties or later, there's always the possibility of marriage, having children, then becoming a Sword later. (Though, depending on how seriously your temple takes severing your family ties, you might have to put your wife/husband aside.)

Works for Orthodox Christianity, where marriage is allowed up to a certain level of the priesthood. (And after which one stuffs one's wife into a nunnery.)

James Frusetta