EWF a Kralori conspiracy?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 22:28:36 +1200 (NZST)

Alex Ferguson:

> The end of Wagon's movements coincide with the end of the EWF.

When one considers that the Blue Moon Cult was influential in the offing of the EWF, one is reminded of the Pelandan belief that has the Blue Moon and Lokarnos/Wagon as the offspring of Black Dendara. But the ending is not perfect. Lokarnos is still travelling at the superannuated speed.

> The EWF is effectively "interposed" between Kralorela and
> the GLers.

Like the Maginot Line was interposed between France and Germany IMO.

Keith Nellist:

[I pointed out the EWF was founded before the God Learners got of the Ground].

>Do dragons have some odd view of time compared to normal races? Or am I
>out of date (or before my time, if you think with you're Left side) on
>this point.? If so then the inconvenient fact that Godlearners hadn't
>been invented by the time of the start of EWF is a mere human chronologists
>headache. The Dragons/Kralori knew what was going to/had happen/happened.

The major problem with this explanation is that the Kralori have to explain why the God Learners were allowed to conquer all of Kralorela in the first place. Given that Kralori efforts against Sheng Seleris and Vormain have been marked by such abysmal failures that make Tsar Nicholas II seem postively brilliant by comparison, I'm more inclined to view Kralori actions in terms of a fanatically traditionalist bureacracy that prefers to do things the old way and not what most would consider to be the obvious solution because it's "new".

J K MacLaren:

>I seem remember Greg saying the idea that the EWF was a Kraleorian plot
>to destroy the god learners was a roumour abound in Kraleoria itself.
>IMO this roumour is not only untrue but is an attempt at rewriting
>history by the Kraleorians to explain by association the phenomanon
>of the EWF.

It is impossible for the Kralori to rewrite history. The truth simply was never written down in the first place. Otherwise your suggestion is entirely credible.