Enlo Soakage

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 98 21:17 MET DST

Alex Ferguson reveals;
> The HW demo game rules include an option to "Hurt" an opponent when
> you win a contest (by a sufficient margin) against him, rather than
> just taking his SPs [...]. Being "Hurt" gives a significant
> combat modifier, quite separately from the SP totals.

In the (self-inflicted) arm wrestling disaster I experienced, it was a malus of 1 for each "hurt". Not exactly significant, but meaningful in the long run.

> So the old Uz staple of enlo soakage is _still_ meaningful, even
> against much better opponents -- they're sent in, attempting one-off
> suicide attacks to wound, most of which naturally fail miserably, and
> they collapse in an SPless heap.

Even better, now you can kick an enlo into submission (flight) without having to stop and finish it off. One advantage of a less detail-ridden combat system.