Masterybation

From: Richard Melvin <rmelvin_at_radm.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 19:57:02 +0100

In article <199808130926.JAA19132_at_chaosium.com>, The Glorantha Digest <owner-glorantha-digest_at_chaosium.com> writes

>Ordinary in HW is guys who don't matter to the story. =

Can I suggest rephrasing that a bit:

Ordinary conflicts are those who don't matter to the story.

I think that change of wording would remove 90% of the confusion about this topic: the boost to the PC's chance of success, if it exists, is to do with the story they are in, not anything intrinsic to the people they are dealing with.

This has, for me, several big advantages:

I'm sure most people would run things like that anyway, but there's no harm I can see in having the rules work that way too.

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #116