Re: HW and Pavis

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 12:55:22 EDT

This is a relatively old thread but sinc epeople were asking if Pvis would 'work' with HW type characters I thought that I'd have a look at Pavis and Big Rubble and try to imagine them a la Hero Wars. Episodes: Welcome to the City: this has several scenes to introduce Pavis to new arrivals, then we get to Fracas in New Pavis - This is certainly HWable. The Lunar Court scene would be better with HW IMO. Burglary at Raus House - No need for 2 pages of Nightwatch trollkin stats. Cradle - the biggie - this features several big combats which RQ did not handle very easily ". It also features 12 pages of stats and GM advice to make it up as he goes along (perfectly good advice), and strange non-RQ-rules magical effects. IMO the cradle would run better using HW. It is more in the spirit of the game.

Big Rubble: this is less promising. Griffin Gate is a dungeon crawl. Wolfhead's Lair was not so much an adventure as a group of NPC's. Raid on Yelorna. HW would cut out the huge amount of Stats for all these adventures. Devil's Playground - my favourite anyway - this should improve using HW - hordes of Skeletons and Zombies and Krarshtkids take ages in RQ. Krang's Table - - you're all doomed anyway. Puzzle Canal - again Hw would reduce the 7 or so pages of stats to more appropriate description of the weird canal inhabitants and effects. Temple of Feroda;- negotiating with baboons would be resolved better with HW.

Keith Nellist