Next year in Glorantha?

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 00:16:46 +0100 (BST)

David Cheng expresses the hope:
> Let us all please buy multiple copies of HW and give them to our
> gaming friends for Christmas 1999

I'd like to think you're saying this because none of your friends have birthdays between the HW release date of "early 1999" and said Christmas, but I have a distinct feeling you're implying this is a more likely ballpark for the actual release. That so?

> I only hope enough of _us_, the
> Gloranthan hard-core, are ready to stop wasting time arguing minutiae
> here on the Digest and get out to our local clubs and conventions to
> evangelize the new game when it comes out.

Sounds like we have about a year-and-a-half of said time to waste before this is even an option... Personally, I'd be out evangelise within the next couple of months, given a New Testament to clobber people over the head with. (I'm honestly not certain I'd want to risk Frightening the Children with a RQ, PDP, or HW playtest game at this point, though.)

Slainte,
Alex.