Y-E-L-M

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 00:44:12 +1200 (NZST)

Michael Cule:

>We all know that the Yelmies have insidous bouts of being compelled to
>dress up as women. (Oh, all right then. *Some* Yelmies!)

>Has anyone ever given a mythological reason why? Is there something in
>the ENTEKOSIAD I missed about pre-Time Pelandan culture taking its
>revenge?

AFAIK no. It mainly stems from the sexual repression created by their mythology (ie women are inferior and not worthy of human emotions). But then in the RW, there was never a mythological reason for Elagabalus to do what he did (A Roman Emperor who worshipped a Syrian Sun God - He was also one heck of a fucked-up kid).