Ryzel

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 00:37:39 +1200 (NZST)

Erik Nolander:

>Ryzel (sp?). Fantastic! A dragonewt region which I never have heard of
>before! Does anyone have any info on this region? It is not indicated on
>the Maniria map, but it seems to me that the Dragonewt rune on the
>southwestern coast would be it.

Correct. There isn't much more that I know of save they weren't there at the Dawn nor at the start of the Broken Council (355 ST). They were settled there either by the World Council (who had enslaved Dragonewts) or by the EWF. Much depends on the history of Slontos but this is full of years in which we know nothing about (like much of the second age for example).

>Also, the description mentions Slontolia, another region not on the
>map. Would this be the remnants of old Slontos that are implicated?

Yes. The lands of Wenelia were the Highlands of Slontos.