Hie Wagon.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 17:57:53 +0100 (BST)

Peter:
> But 'Exarchs moving the Star' is mentioned after the statement about
> the Dragons Awakening Shudder (1051 ST) and before the statement about
> the War in Heaven (1120 ST). [...] So I think it probable to conclude
> that the Star Trek took place after 1051 ST.

I'd agree with you, other things being equal, but it would admit the contrary interpretation, if push came to shove. (Currently I suspect this _does_ refer to Lokarnos, but I admit it's mere suspiction.) Creating a particular stellar alignment may have been simply a step in a long sequence of events necessary to cause the Awakening Shudder.

> But the NDR was initially part of the God Learner movement when they
> invaded. It's anachronistic to speak of the Middle Sea Empire at this
> time for that wasn't founded until 789, some twenty years after
> Kralorela had been conquered.

Nevertheless, the two were later distinct, which is what I had in mind with my "interposed" comment. However, it now seems to me more like that Greg was using the term "God Learners" in a non-Sandy-approved sense, and meant the EWF was used to boot out the NDR, rather than as some sort of buffer state against the MSE, which is what I originally thought he was saying (though who knows, frankly).

Or at least, that the Kralori claim such. Maybe they claim both, as and when it suits them. ;-)

> Missing Lands p53.

D'oh... "Missing" is still the operative word.

Slainte,
Alex.