Boink.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 05:45:36 +0100 (BST)

Mark Haggett writes of amusing 5th Dan Ninjutsu gradings:
> At some point the Master strikes down at the
> head of the student, at the same time 'projecting' his Saki, or
> intent-to-kill

> The result of the test is quite simple, either the student senses the attack
> and moves out of the way (passing the test), or doesn't, and ends up in
> intensive care (Guess what? Yep, not passing the test).

And yes, there are a fair few 4th dan types walking around with bumps on their head, I'm told. Allegedly the 9th dan test involves the same, but with a katana, and the person administering the test doesn't "project ki". Haven't heard of there being many 8th dans with their heads in two halves, though.

Slainte,
Alex.