Yggs Isles Orlanthi?

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 12:44:16 EDT

Alex:

<< > p 34 of Player's Book Genertela says they are *so* Orlanthi. Unless this
> has been officially Gregged?

 It merely says "Cults: Orlanth pantheon", which ain't the same thing at all. In fact, note that every other group of "Orlanthi" are combined in the single "Barbarian Belt" entry. I think Ygg's Isles are at the least widely acknowledged to be non-Orlanthi storm worshippers -- if it hasn't been Gregged yet, just wait a while. (Several of the  entries in these sections are clearly "placeholders", by analogy with closest-known cult/pantheon, not Greg's Honest Truth.)>>

     According to KoS (p54, 63) Ygg is a member of the Orlanthi pantheon. While I'd certainly agree that the Yggites aren't Vingkotling and that their culture wouldn't resemble Sartarite norms very much, I think they'd be generally thought of as Orlanthi, if only due to the influence of the God Learners (storm worshippers? Yes, you must be Orlanthi. Look, I don't care what you call your chief god, it says in this here book that storm worshippers are Orlanthi, so don't you go waving that axe at me you ignorant barbarian...)

Forward the glorious Red Army!

    Trotsky

 Slainte,
 Alex.