Re: Boink

From: Kevin Rose <vladt_at_interaccess.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 13:04:26 -0500 (CDT)

Mark Haggett writes of amusing 5th Dan Ninjutsu gradings:
> At some point the Master strikes down at the
> head of the student, at the same time 'projecting' his Saki, or
> intent-to-kill

I didn't think that ninjitsu used the Dan system, as that is a recent development. I thought they only used dan type rankings only for the sporting "way" (ex. judo) forms, not the older combat "art" (ex. jujitsu) forms. I thought that they mostly used the older license system (whose name escapes me now).

But someone once asked a master "But how do I respond if someone has a rifle trained on the door i'm going to walk through? How can I respond to that?" The answer is that if you are sufficently skilled you should decide not to go out that way.

Which is basically how I've always treated sense X, on the rare occasion it's come up.

Kevin

End of The Glorantha Digest V6 #130