Babwatch

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_voyager.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 12:25:41 +1200 (NZST)

Ashley Munday:

>1. What do Babeestor Gor worshippers hate: Men or Men because
>they're representations of patriarchy?

What makes you think they are Manhaters? To me, they seem to be general maladjusts. GoG (Wisdom of the Woodwife) says that they incapable of being happy and so Babs gives them an outlet for their fury. The average Bab cultist is more likely to be alcoholic.

>2. Either way, Babs will attract homosexual women. As Babs is
>generally a single sex environment it provides a place where there isn't
>a patriarchy because there aren't many men.

Babs is a major Goddess in Esrolia which is a matriarchy. So why would lesbians be attracted to the cult of Babs specifically? Furthermore Babs rarely has a temple of her own and is generally stuck as a Temple Guradian to the other Earth Goddesses who deal with men. So Bab's role is no more single sex IMO than the worship of Ernalda among the Orlanthi for example.